The cultural and tourism authority in Southwest China’s Sichuan province built a non-fungible token (NFT) trading platform to “encourage the music industry to actively adopt modern technology.”
See related article: China’s Shandong TV to build NFT marketplace
- The Sichuan government Thursday said a number of music companies are using blockchain technology to safeguard their copyright.
- Sichuan has emerged as a hotbed of modern Chinese music.
- Many companies in China refer to NFTs as “digital collectibles” following state media’s denouncement of the market frenzy.
- However, the Sichuan authority did not shy away from using the term “NFT” in its Thursday statement.
- The department that released the statement told Forkast the NFT platform project was outsourced to a local blockchain company.
- Meanwhile, some Chinese state media are also building their own platforms.
See related article: China’s Communist Party wants to regulate NFTs