London-based Ownera has raised US$20 million in a Series A funding round from investors including banking giant JPMorgan and private asset management firm LRC Group.
See related article: Tokenized assets may make up 10% of global GDP by 2030: report
- The funds will be used to deploy a global interoperability network to unlock the institutional tokenized securities market, the blockchain infrastructure builder said in a statement.
- Draper Goren Holm, tokentus investment AG, Accomplice Blockchain, Polymorphic Capital, The Ropart Group and Archax also took part in Ownera’s funding round.
- Nadav Zohar, Chairman of the LRC Group, will be appointed Executive Chairman, while Scott Lucas, Head of Markets DLT at JPMorgan will join the board.
- Ownera provides financial institutions with a digital securities wallet where clients can invest, trade, lend and borrow against a set of tokenized assets.
- “It is commonly accepted that the tokenization of securities has the capacity to digitize markets with total value in the trillions of dollars,” said Ownera co-founder & CEO, Ami Ben-David.
See related article: Singapore plans digital assets initiative with financial industry