Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, has launched its mining pool service for Ethereum Proof-of-Work (ETHW), a forked version of Ethereum.
See related article: Ethereum says Merge upgrade successfully completed, more to come
- Binance Pool said on Thursday that it offers zero pool fees for the ETHW pool during a promotion period until Oct. 29.
- ETHW price rose 9% over the past 24 hours to US$12.08 at 2:30 p.m. in Hong Kong, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
- Binance, however, has not listed ETHW, and it said in the Thursday statement that “supporting ETHW on Binance Pool does not guarantee the listing of ETHW.”
- Users can only withdraw ETHW on Binance so far and deposits are not available, the exchange said.
- The Ethereum network “Merge” was completed on Sept. 15, but some miners have created a fork ETHW to keep running the previous network.
- Major mining pools such as F2Pool, Poolin and Antpool have also launched their ETHW mining pools.
See related article: Chandler Guo tells why he is the man who would hard fork Ethereum