Warner Music Group (WMG) has partnered with non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace OpenSea, to allow some of the entertainment conglomerate’s artists to build their fan base in Web 3.0.
See related article: Warner Bros., Nifty’s release ‘Space Jam’ movie NFTs
- WMG artists will get early access to OpenSea’s new “drop” product, an initiative that allows creators to launch collections on dedicated pages with higher visibility on OpenSea’s website.
- As part of the partnership, the global recording label’s artists will host limited-edition projects on their dedicated drop pages, WMG said in a statement.
- Warner Records UK is collaborating with Web3 firm Probably Nothing to develop the partnership’s first collection.
- In January, WMG announced the development of a music-themed digital world in The Sandbox metaverse.
- In May, rival Sony Music Entertainment announced a Greater China venture for its American label RCA Records to explore opportunities in NFTs, streaming, and the metaverse.
See related article: What does Music have to do with NFTs?