You’re in for a chance to win this D-Link DIR-X5460 giveaway. This router is D-Link’s high-end Wi-Fi 6 machines.
D-Link DIR-X5460 giveaway: The Details
I reviewed the D-Link DIR-X5460 in early 2021. At the time, it proved to be reliable with some oddities in the firmware. Since then there have been updates and the router is now better than it used to be.
You can buy it now on Amazon for $130 or enter for a chance to get it from Dong Knows Tech here for free. Just like that, no fine print, just some friendly terms stated in the Official Rules below.
D-Link DIR-X5460 giveaway: How to enter the contest
Important: Please read this part and the rest of this page carefully!
To enter the contest for the chance to win, you must be a subscriber to Dong Knows Tech’s new post notification. That’s also how you keep yourself updated on the contest’s progress.
Leave a contest entry, which must be a new comment — not a reply to an existing comment — that meets the following criteria:
- The comment must start with a number, which is your best guess for the total number of all published comments on this page by the end of the contest.
- You must use a valid email address that has never been unsubscribed before1 and follow the comment rules. (Hint: Be nice!)
- If you’re not yet a subscriber, check the box that reads “Notify me of new posts by email.” to subscribe2. (Feel free to check the other two boxes, but that’s not required, and they are separate subscriptions that are not qualified for this contest.)
The screenshot below shows an example of a valid entry. Feel free to help yourself to some creativity with the optional text. Or not.
- Each person can leave up to five guesses by replying to their initial entry as a thread. In that case, your latest guess, per the time stamp, will be your official guess — all previous ones will be ignored.
- If you leave more than 5 guesses in a thread, the 6th and later will be ignored — they are just regular comments (Hint: Don’t do it!)
- If you create multiple threads — separate comments as contest entries — your earliest will be your official guess. (Don’t do it!)
- All comments that don’t violate the comment rules will be published right away, or after a brief hold for moderation, and counted towards the total number. They include general questions/commentaries, replies, those that don’t start with a number, and disqualified contest entries.
- At least 24 hours before the contest ends, all new contest-entry comments (new guesses) will be held until the end of the contest to be published simultaneously. That’s to ensure everyone is on the same level playing field. (If you wait till this phase, you generally can only leave a single guess.)
- Everyone is free to leave as many normal non-contest-entry comments as they’d like or reply to existing comments.
Important: Contest duration and winning criteria
This D-Link DIR-X5460 giveaway contest will last until 3 PM (Pacific time) Thursday, October 27, 2022.
At that time, the comment section will be temporarily closed. The winner will be determined by:
- Having made the correct or the closest guess of the total published comments. And
- Their email address is active with the specific subscription3.
- In a draw, the earliest entry wins.
The winner’s winning entry will be highlighted. They will be notified (together with everybody else) via the email subscription and have 24 hours to respond via the Contact page. A runner-up will be selected if there’s no appropriate and timely response.
The final winner will have the option to show a personal message in this post, with or without a photo (of themselves and/or the item.) Or they can choose to remain anonymous.
Make sure you read and agree with the terms below before participating. (They won’t bite.)
Important: Rules, disclaimers, and shipping
We play by the honor system here:
- One entry per person — don’t use multiple emails!
- Participate only if you intend to use, or gift the item, and not to sell it. This is not about monetary gain.
- This giveaway is available only to those living in the United States — the intended locale of the hardware.
This giveaway transaction, if taken place, doesn’t make Dong Knows Tech the seller nor the winner the buyer. Dong Knows Tech takes no responsibility for the functionality, quality, or physical condition of the item it gives you.
- You understand that you’re getting a giveaway that’s intended to carry no monetary value, even when brand-new. You’re doing this for fun and not for financial gain.
- There’s no guarantee that the item will work according to your expectations.
- You might or might not be able to register it with the vendor for support or warranty.
- Dong Knows Tech will not provide tech support or warranty. The only thing you can expect to get from this website and its owner if you win the contest is the item itself, and nothing else.
- There’s no return.
The items will be delivered to a valid residential address within the lower 48 states in the US of the winner’s choosing via standard shipping. No insurance will be included in the shipping. Dong Knows Tech is not responsible if the item is damaged or lost during transit and will not ship a replacement.
If you want faster or better shipping or the item to be shipped to a territory outside of the US’s contiguous states (Hawaii, Alaska, etc.,) you’ll need to pay for the shipping cost, which will be provided to you together with the method of payment.
No non-residential address or P.O. box is accepted. Failing to provide a US residential address in a timely manner will disqualify a winning contestant.
By participating, you explicitly agree with the rules and disclaimers mentioned here. You understand that your chance of winning is low, and you don’t receive anything when you’re not the winner. At any time you want to change your mind, please contact Dong Knows Tech to have your entry permanently removed. You can also decline to receive the item if you’re the winner.