Bitcoin strengthened along with all top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization, excluding stablecoins, with gains led by Polygon and Solana with 7.8% and 2.7%, respectively.
See related article: Magic Eden, largest Solana-based NFT platform, makes royalty fees optional
- Bitcoin rose 1.87% in the past 24 hours to trade at US$19,661 at 4 p.m. in Hong Kong, and Ether gained 1.89% to US$1,337, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
- Cardano gained 0.85% to trade at US$0.37 and XRP rose 1.76% to US$0.48. Polygon increased 7.83% to US$0.87 to be the biggest gainer across top 10 cryptocurrencies excluding stablecoins.
- Solana was the next biggest gainer among the top 10 cryptos, rising 2.69% to US$31.11 after Magic Eden, the largest NFT marketplace in the Solana ecosystem, announced its suspension of transaction fees and made its NFT creator royalty fee payment optional.
- Asia equity markets were mostly positive following Wall Street’s gains overnight. The Shanghai Composite Index dipped 0.13%, while the Hong Kong Hang Seng Index rose 1.75% and the Nikkei 225 closed 1.42% up.
- China’s third quarter gross domestic product report and several other economic measurements were due to be released Tuesday, but have been delayed without further explanation or a new release date. The delay comes as the 20th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party is in progress.
- Goldman Sachs is due on Tuesday to release its third quarter earnings report. The firm hopes to mirror Bank of America’s 6% gain in shares on Monday following the release of its unexpectedly positive earnings report.
See related article: Mastercard to let banks offer crypto services to clients