The National Bank of Kazakhstan [NKB] will be testing the integration of their central bank digital currency (CBDC) on the BNB Chain, Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao tweeted on Thursday.
See related article: Education is best protection measure in blockchain tech, says Binance chief CZ
- “Looking forward to NBK preparing CBDC use cases to see how they could be integrated into #BNB Chain to bridge the gap between traditional banking and the crypto ecosystem,” Zhao said on Twitter.
- Binance Head of APAC Leon Foong confirmed Zhao’s social media post at the Blockchain Week in Busan conference on Thursday.
- Binance obtained a permanent license to operate a digital asset platform in Kazahstan this month.
- Kazakhstan’s central bank has been working on a CBDC framework, as pointed out by Zhao: “NKB recently launched a CBDC pilot in a controlled environment and with real consumers and merchants.”
- The BNB token was down 0.5% on the 24-hour chart, trading at US$287 at 10:15 p.m. in Hong Kong, according to data from CoinGecko.